Sunday, September 5, 2010

29 Weeks! Are we there yet?

So things have been quite busy for the Drastal Family over the last few weeks. In a nutshell we have;
1. Become Google employees
2. Changed work offices
3. Moved

So busy is really an understatement for all that we've done in such a short time! But here's the long story for you;


First we heard the FABULOUS news that the company we work for got bought by Google! So we are now Google employees! Which is AWESOME! We get a ton of new perks including free breakfast and lunch (and the food amazing!) We also moved our offices into the San Francisco Google office which isn't that far away from where we were working. I really like our new office and me and Bill get to share a cubicle (they call them "pods") which comes complete with a huge bean bag! I still do the same schedule as I used to where I go into the office on Tuesdays but other than that I stay home with Charlie and work in the evening once Bill gets home. It works out really well for everyone. Although for a few days Charlie did have to go into daycare (which was free through Google, SCORE!) when we were doing Google orientations and Charlie LOVED it there! The first day when we came to pick him up he was sad to leave, and the second day he had a little buddy that was all excited that Charlie was there :) We thought about the idea of part time daycare for Charlie but it is quite expensive :P We only get a few free "drop in" days for daycare for free so it's not a regular thing. That's ok though because our usual schedule still works really well.




So during all this we got a weird notice posted to our front door saying that the house we were renting was in foreclosure and the bank was going to auction it off on Sept. 2. Well long story short we decided that that was motivation enough to get the heck out of dodge! We had options to see what the new owners, or the bank would do and wait until we got an eviction notice...or just move. So we moved. And the weekend we found out we went house hunting and found this great new place that we're now living in! It's not that far from our old place and it's in Daly City and it's literally down the street from the city of Brisbane, and San Francisco. So we didn't really move far at all. And there's FAR less fog! We can see the fog come rolling in and it goes right past us while we have blue skies! Yay!! It's also cheaper in rent than our old place, AND it has a yard! Charlie LOVES the yard he wants to go out there alllllll the time! We also have a small balcony upstairs that Charlie loves to hang out on. We really love it. And thanks to our awesome work friends, a Uhaul, and a couple of moving helpers we hired it was the easiest move we've ever done! Now we just have to unpack....ugh.


Then during everything I also had a Dr. appointment. And everything is wonderful! The Dr. says I'm as healthy as a horse and everything is normal! Chloe is kicking up a storm now-a-days and I'm now entering that crazy uncomfortable time again :P but the heartburn isn't nearly as bad as when I had Charlie, but she really loves to sit on my bladder which isn't so fun. And I think she's either got her feet or her arms by my ribs because she really kicks me far up there in my rib cage which is a crazy feeling. And I'm always tired. I feel like I can't sleep enough! But there's only 75 days to go!! Hooray!!! And right around the corner is the baby shower/family reunion is Reno!!! Can't wait!!!

Until next time!

~Karen

1 comment:

Greg said...

So glad to hear everything worked out with the move and new job. I was really bummed I couldn't come out to watch Charlie....maybe another time! Can't wait to see you guys!

Woo-Hoo!
Julie (and Greg)