Tuesday, September 28, 2010

32 Weeks! Woot woot!!

The baby train is coming down the tracks! Woot woooooot!!

Anyways, I had a Dr. appointment today and everything is great! My blood pressure is fantastic, and things are coming right along. After my regular appointment though I headed over to the hospital for a neonatal non stress test. Which basically means I got to hang out for 20 minutes while they recorded Chloe's heart beat to see how she's doing. And she did perfectly! I guess they wanted to see her heart rate spike 3 times within that 20 minutes which means she's moving around. At one point she was just hanging out and got quiet (they think she fell asleep! Cute!) so the nurse started yelling and clapping to "wake her up" I thought she was just being funny, but it worked! Chloe started moving and a shaking shortly after that! Who would of thought that even before she's born Chloe takes naps :) They also did a short ultrasound and found that her feet are in my ribs and her head is down by my bladder. Yeah that sounds about right by how I've been feeling lately. Those jabs in the ribs and head butts to my bladder make for some restless nights :P But overall things look great! I actually do one of these once a week for the next few weeks to keep tabs on everything.

As for me I'm feeling pretty gosh darn uncomfortable all around :P You know, the usual, tired, aches & pains, constantly hungry. I swear some days it feels like food just evaporates once it hits my stomach :) And the recent heat wave has not helped much. I've had some swelling in my ankles but nothing that bad. It's supposed to cool down tomorrow and I can't wait!!

In Charlie news he's getting bigger and cuter everyday! And recently he has made it quite clear how much he hates his diapers. So we've gotten him his very own pottys and we've started potty training! It's slow going, but so far he sits on the potty, but we just haven't gotten him to "go" in the potty yet. But we'll be patient and hopefully soon it'll all make sense to him. He's also graduated out of his cradle and into a toddler bed! He loves being able to hop in and out of his own bed! He even loves to just grab a book and hop up on his bed and hang out a while. He's only fallen out of his bed once where we found his sleeping on the floor, so he's taken right to the big boy bed! It's just been hard to get him to nap now because he can hop out of bed and play instead of sleep. He also points out every time a plane goes overhead, and I mean EVERY time a plane goes overhead HAHAHAHA His favorite things to do are color (he recently learned how to draw zig-zag lines and can't get enough!) and count things (even though he only counts to one which sounds more like an "oh") and kick the ball around outside.

We're also all super excited for the upcoming Family Reunion and Baby Shower in Reno!! I can't wait!! It'll be so nice to get away from it all and have some fun :) Thanks Aunt Cathy and Uncle Paul for being SO generous and putting this on for us!!!! You guys are amazing!!!

Until next time!!

~Karen

No comments: