Sunday, September 12, 2010

A little excitement

Hey all!

A little update to fill you in on the excitement we had yesterday. Well I'd been feeling pretty cruddy (mainly a headache) for the past 3 days or so and yesterday we were all packed up and ready to spend a day at the Snoopy Museum for their 60 year anniversary celebration! But on our way I kept feeling worse and worse, until suddenly, I started throwing up. Which really put a damper in our day :P So we started to head back home and it happened again! Sheesh! So once we got home and I was thrown into bed Bill called the Dr. and they told us to come right in to get checked out. So after some last minute help from our awesome friend Johnny who came to watch Charlie for us we went in to the hospital which is also where the Dr. Office is and the maternity ward and all that. It's conveniently in one place (so handy!) They got me right in and it was pretty clear that it wasn't Preeclampsia (which is bad) which they thought it might be. My blood pressure is great, and the baby's heart beat is fantastic (the nurse saw the printout and said "now THAT'S a happy baby!") but after the urine test it became obvious that I was very dehydrated. So to make things go faster they hooked me up to an IV with some sugar water type stuff and I got to catch up on my magazine reading. Then after a while I was feeling MUCH better and I got to come home (hooray!) So I'm fine and the nurses told me that this happens a lot, especially to women that have young kiddos at home, and with all that's been going on with me lately it's no surprise at all. So things are good, baby is just fine, and I'm fine, just tired. But thank goodness I have an awesome hubby that took very good care of me all weekend :)

~Karen

No comments: